Updated: 5th February 2020
ELT Jam Learning Limited (the “Company”, “Us” or “We”) run the learnjam.com website (“Our Site”) as well as eltjam.academy training website and co-run the innovateevents.com events and site. The Company understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your information is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits Our Site and will only collect and use information in ways that are useful to you and in a manner consistent with your rights and Our obligations under the law.
1. What Data Do We Collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by Our Site, other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it and consent to Us using it for the purposes set out in section 5, for example, when signing up our Mailing List. Depending upon your use of Our Site, We may collect some or all of the following data:
- First name;
- Last name
- Email address;
- Email preferences;
- IP address (automatically collected)
- Behaviour information for Google Analytics
2. How Do We Use Your Data?
We use your data to provide you with information that you have stated is relevant and of interest to you. This includes:
- Whitepapers and other collateral
- Replies to your messages
- Links to new posts and articles
- Information about upcoming events
- Information about products and services offered by the Company
- Replies to comments on the blog
- Permission to display your avatar on the blog
- Reduce spam comments on the blog
- Analysing your use of Our Site to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights.
3. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We don’t share any of your data with third party organisations other than in private accounts that we manage ourselves, (e.g. in ConvertKit or Hubspot) that we use to send emails and messages to subscribers.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you in order to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of Us.
5. How Can You Control Your Data?
We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails.
By using Our Site you may receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us. We use third party Cookies on Our Site for anonymised analytics data. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling Us to better understand how people use Our Site.
7. Summary of Your Rights under GDPR
Under the GDPR, you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling